Eureka Video Widget

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Typical Christian

I've been chatting with BryanL on the Obama/Jeremiah Wright issue. In our conversations, we briefly chatted on the "typical white person" statement by the senator. I'm not trying to start a political fight; that's not what this post is about.

The statement got me thinking about what is a typical anyone. And then I started thinking about the relationship to Christianity. Is there a typical Christian? What does that look like? How would we describe one? How would the world describe one?

Here are my two questions for you:

1. What is a typical Christian?
a. from the Christian perspective
b. from the world's perspective

2. How would you say Scripture describes what a typical Christian should be?

I don't even know if those questions can be answered, but I'd be interested in what you think.

Again, this is not a political battle.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Yeah, that is hard to define - its like defining "normal."

I suppose I would like to see "typical Christians" going to Church regularly (ie. weekly), reading their Bible daily, praying daily, exercising spiritual disciplines, flowing in the gifts, loving other Christians, give verbal witness to Christ to non-believers regularly, that sort of thing.

But I guess that is not typical, it is unusual.

Pascalian Awakenings said...

Thanks Brian. It seems as though what you would like really lines up with Scripture. Unfortunately, I have to agree that it is unusual.