Eureka Video Widget

Monday, April 21, 2008

Punctuation

I'm not a grammarian, but my punctuation is decent. Sometimes when I wander across a blog that is poorly punctuated, I move on. If I have to work too hard to understand what is being written, then it is not worth it.

I've noticed that many bloggers seem to place no effort in punctuation. Depending on how tired or cranky I am, I find it quite irritating. Because of this tendency, I did a search for blog punctuation and came upon a wonderful site.

Copyblogger.com is the site, and here is their description:

Content drives the Internet, and using the right words in the right way will determine not only how well your site converts visitors into sales, but also how well you rank in search engines and how many links you get.

Now that blogging has become the smartest strategy for growing an authoritative web site, it’s your copywriting skills that will set you apart and help you succeed. Copyblogger is all about helping you:

  • get traffic
  • gain subscribers
  • attract links
  • sell something!

All you need to do is write in a strategic, persuasive, compelling manner.

On their web site, I found this wonderful page on common punctuation errors. Their list is well described, and they offer excellent examples.

Please forgive me for any punctuation errors in this post. :)


No comments: