Eureka Video Widget

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Five More

OK, I finally finished another batch of five books. This means that currently I can buy two more books. (I must confess that I bought two Bible study guides, but those were work related. I'm not counting them.)

I've written about a couple of books in this latest batch, but here they are:

On Pascal by Douglas Groothuis
The Joy of Repentance by Kerry Skinner
The Work We Have to Do by Mark Noll
They Like Jesus but Not the Church by Dan Kimball
and
Everybody's Normal Until You Get to Know Them by John Ortberg

As anticipated, Defending Life by Francis Beckwith is still in progress. The next stack includes:

The Body Broken by Robert Benson
The Body Broken by Jack Reese
Black Bodies and Quantum Cats by Jennifer Ouellette
Religious Experience in Earliest Christianity by Luke Timothy Johnson
Mr. Monk in Outer Space by Lee Goldberg.

My pastor asked me this morning (actually yesterday morning) if I planned on reading any brain candy. I told him a bit about Black Bodies and Quantum Cats, and he said books on physics do not count as brain candy. It sounds like brain candy to me. Oh well. So, I'm including the Monk book. I'll try and read fiction every other stack of five.

Now, down to the nitty gritty. I can buy two books. I'm thinking of The Onion's Our Dumb World. Do you have any ideas?

2 comments:

Bryan L said...

I hope you start doing more reviews of all these books you're reading.

Any ideas for the next two books? I still haven't decided what one book I want to get with the money I received recently. It's hard to choose when you know you won't get to choose again for a while.

Bryan

Pascalian Awakenings said...

I don't know what to buy. I'm thinking about The Onion's Our Dumb World. I think I'll pick out books at the bookstore. That way I'll get to go shopping and not feel all weird about being in a bookstore and not being able to buy a book.

Any suggestions?