Eureka Video Widget

Friday, August 22, 2008

Boooooooks

It is hopeless. I broke my book buying restriction by buying more books than I am allotted for the amount of books I have read. To be honest, I'm not going on that strong of a restriction again. It was too much pressure. Going into bookstores was a lot of pressure. Sometimes it almost caused a headache, and I'm not prone to headaches.

Anyway, here are today's purchases:

Apostolic Fathers Volume 1 and Apostolic Fathers Volume 2 in the Loeb Classical Library edited and translated by Bart D. Ehrman

The Surprising Work of God by Garth M. Rosell

A Woman's Place, House Churches in Earliest Christianity by Carolyn Osiek, Margaret Y. MacDonald with Janet H. Tulloch

IVocab Greek which does not qualify as a book.

Oh yes, and last week I bought:

Who We Are is How We Pray, Matching Personality and Spirituality by Charles J. Keating

6 comments:

Esteban Vázquez said...

Oh, the Loeb Classical Library... I do love it so! Surely ancient texts, especially those in bilingual editions, cannot be under restriction! ;-)

Pascalian Awakenings said...

Thanks for making me feel better about my book purchases. :)

Anonymous said...

Book shopping is so fun!

Char said...

Hey, I found you through the comment you left on Stan's blog.

I have to say I am so glad to see someone else is on a self-imposed restriction of buying no more books until x number of the books they've already bought are read-which is repeatedly broken. I refuse to obtain a credit card because I would go insane buying every book I found online.

Oh and I love the picture of your kitteh in your blog header.

Pascalian Awakenings said...

Stan and Char, Thanks for stopping by.

Yes book shopping is so much fun. The idea of going to a book store is fun.

Char...good call on the credit card...seriously. It is so dangerous on Amazon. I'm starting to cash in my change at the grocery store for Amazon certificates. Hopefully that will help some. It feels like free books! Yippeee.

Pascalian Awakenings said...

Char, and thanks for the comments on Pascal (my cat). She is my buddy.